Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cedar Fever

So here I am, back in Texas, visiting friends. I've been here for a week, and it got me. I think it drew a bead on while I was disembarking from my flight, stalked me for a while, waited until I felt secure, overconfident, and possibly even cocky... and then it pounced.

Cedar fever. The Texas terror. Curse of the hill country. Enemy of sinuses everywhere.

So I'm more than a little miserable right now. I've tried various drug cocktails, and nothing does much for long, except reduce my level of conscious functioning. Or the consciousness of my functioning level. Or leveling my conscious functioning. Or something.

So why blog about this? Why does a Texas allergy warrant the breaking of the silence?

Well, as it turns out, I have a bunch of blogger friends, and some of them recently noted my lack of blogosphere participation.

That is all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

ha, i love it. thanks for linking me :) and thanks for posting once again

5:43 PM  
Blogger noell said...

Aw, such is getting on blogspot - your friends will rag if you don't post. I'm a subscriber but only because of the people who are your blogger friends. :) Ck out the actual blog at www.westtxrose.net.

10:00 AM  
Blogger noell said...

hey - you linked me too! :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger kimmie said...

Long lost supposed semi-cousin of mine through random Russian turnip farmer descent: thanks for linking to me. Good show indeed!

Sorry to hear about the cedar fever. Just think of it as a blank check to totally zone out at convenient times.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home