Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fun With GRE Words

Our inured commander, in a moment of lucidity, recognized the exigent need to enervate the enemy lines. He ordered an audacious charge, which we troops carried out with an alacrity bordering on effrontery.

After that bloody day, some of the more irascible men virulently fulminated our commander. Not only were his orders obtuse, they claimed, but demonstrated even perfidity on his part towards his men.

Though they asserted their own ingenuousness, I thought they prevaricated with their accusations. The command to charge may have appeared precipitate or extemporaneous; however, the urgency of the situation exculpated the commander of any malefaction.

3 Comments:

Blogger noell said...

You make me feel stupid, or crazy. I can't figure out which. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

did you write that yourself? either way, i do believe that all together it qualifies for the grad school mantra of "if it isn't 4 syllables it isn't worth using." thanks for the enterainment :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Hey, you're welcome. Yes, I did make it up myself, but with a list of words I needed to learn sitting in front of me. My erudition every increases.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home